This summer we’re calling out for items that are super practical, super helpful and on your behalf – super kind.
One of the biggest questions we get is “what can I donate to Youth Projects? Well, you asked, we listened and here it is. As the weather gets warmer and Christmas draws nearer, these are the items in greatest of need by the people we support:
- Summer clothes (gender-neutral + assorted sizes)
- Sleeping bags
- Caps + Hats
- Bottled water + Reusable drink bottles
- Gift vouchers
- Sunscreen (travel size)
- Duffle/Carry bags
- Non-perishable snack foods
Running a drive at school or work? Or even want to tell your friends on social media? Download our poster and display it around the place:
Rules of thumb
- When donating second-hand clothing items, we ask that they only be offered if washed and wearable. If you wouldn’t give to your friend, please don’t give to us.
- All socks and underwear must not be secondhand or pre-worn.
- Uni-sex / gender neutral clothing is ideal.
- No toiletries or sanitary items that have broken seals or damaged packaging.
- Please avoid branded work wear or hand-knitted items.
Please drop off your donations between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday at our HQ (6 Hartington Street, Glenroy) or City site (7-9 Hosier Lane, Melbourne).
* Due to limited storage space, we may not always be able to accept and store material aid for distribution to our friends on the street. If you are unsure, please contact us in advance.