We rely on your help to keep up with the rising demand for help. We are not funded to provide any of these daily essentials and have always been supported by generous individuals who want to make a difference.
What we need right now
We need men’s and women’s underwear and socks in a mix of sizes and styles. New track pants are another essential item – second hand or new, track pants are suitable street wear and are easy for clients to wash and dry at the free laundry in our centre.
School groups and individuals often keep an eye out for low cost underwear and socks from variety retailers or run a local giving campaign for us. Each year we provide over 12,000 episodes of care to people who are homeless and that’s just at our Living Room in Hosier Lane. Our outreach nurses and Foot Patrol also carry essential supplies, and appreciate your support for their work.
How to donate
- Donate cash on line and receive a tax deduction (over $2).
- You can deliver donations of underwear to The Living Room at 7-9 Hosier Lane any weekday between 9 -5 pm, or Saturdays 12 – 5 pm.
- Ask your friends and family to donate gift cards or directly on line in lieu of birthday presents.
- Send a supermarket gift card we can use to purchase essentials.
- Some donors order socks, underwear and food essentials from a store online for delivery direct to Youth Projects.
- Do you you gave a great idea? – let us know if you have items to donate or wish to support with fundraising in your workplace, community or school on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you!