Youth Projects is seeking a passionate Youth Transitions Coach to join their highly successful, high performing and innovative Transition to Work team.
About the Role
You will work alongside young people to secure sustainable employment opportunities, through assisting them to develop an understanding of employer needs and the necessary skills, attitudes and behaviours expected in the workplace. You will coach, mentor and guide young people into meaningful pathways and find innovative strategies to assist them with overcoming challenges along the way.
You see every young person as an individual with different strengths and interests and will help them to build the self-confidence needed to break out of the unemployment cycle through case management, group work, supported referrals to non-vocational services and direct linkages to employers.
The position will be based across the Glenroy, Craigieburn and Sunbury sites and may be required to work at other locations as required.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in an employment services, training industry, and/or community/youth sector is highly regarded
- Experience in developing key employer partnerships to achieve long-term sustainable outcomes for clients is highly regarded
- Qualifications in youth work, social work, community development is desirable
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, inclusive of all people and all abilities
- Passion and dedication for community development and social justice principles
- Self-motivated and the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent time management
- Demonstrated business development and promotional skills to secure new and repeat business
- Strong administration skills with competency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Proactive, self-directed and resourceful
- Possess a passion for service excellence
- Wanting to grow, develop, and build a career with a progressive organisation
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Valid Passport/Australian Working Rights
- Police Check
- Working with children’s check
- Willingness to travel locally across sites
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive induction and support from our training team
- Inclusive and transparent workplace culture
- Access to learning and development
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Diverse and collaborative team culture. Your success is our success!
This is a full-time position until June 2022.
Excited about this opportunity and feel as though your skills and experience align with the criteria outlined above? Then we would love to hear from you!
Recruitment for this position will be undertaken as applications are received. The position will be filled when a successful candidate has been selected.
For further information, please contact Debra McFall Youth Projects on 0425779753
About Youth Projects
We are an independent, registered charity that provides front line support to young people and individuals experiencing disadvantage, unemployment, homelessness, alcohol and other drug issues and people looking to reengage with learning and employment. We recognise the complex and varying needs of our clients to go above and beyond, 365 days a year to provide pathways out of poverty.
Youth Projects is changing and saving lives through unique pathways into employment, training, health and life skills, harm prevention and outreach and social enterprise programs. It is a complex, yet highly successful, model that includes engagement through assertive outreach and delivering everything an individual needs in one place: primary health, life skills, alcohol and other drugs counselling, mental health, employment and training support.
Our mission is to provide high impact support, no judgement, full stop.
Our commitment to diversity
Youth Projects values diversity and we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions and encourage applications from candidates with a disability, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and indigenous candidates.
Youth Projects has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation. All Youth Projects staff must undergo a Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.