Youth Projects are on the hunt for an amazing Youth Employability Skills Coach (trainer) to join our training team. Our team are focussed on helping others to build their skills and find a job so they can help break the cycle of disadvantage.
About the Role
The primary role of the Youth Employability Skills Coach (trainer) is to engage and educate unemployed young people through the delivery of innovative programs designed to give them skills and direction in finding employment.
This role requires:
- Experience designing and delivering innovative project style training preferably for unemployed youth.
- Knowledge of; or experience working with either the Youth Jobs PaTH Employability Skills Training Deed; a Job Active provider or similar referring agency.
What we need from you:
- Prepare and deliver innovative training to unemployed youth in pre-employment skills; such as developing a positive attitude to work, motivation, reliability and good personal presentation.
- Co-ordinate and work with peers, resources and employers to ensure students receive all the requirements of the Employability Skills Training; such as accredited training and industry exposure.
- Compliance with the registered training organisation (Melbourne Training Options powered by Youth Projects) and the Youth Jobs PaTH Employability Skills Training Deed through activities including reporting attendance; maintaining session plans and requirements for using the ESS database.
- Coach and advise students in career opportunities and training opportunities including post employability skills training options.
- A user-friendly and non-judgemental approach to clients is expected at all times.
This role is a fixed term contract aligned to the contractual requirements for the Youth Jobs PaTH Employability Skills Training Deed.
What we offer
- Comprehensive induction and support from our training team
- Attractive Salary + Super + Salary Packaging
- Inclusive and transparent workplace culture
- Access to learning and development
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Diverse and collaborative team culture. Your success is our success!
Recruitment for this position will be undertaken as applications are received. The position will be filled when a successful candidate has been selected.
Application Close: 23 September 2018
For further information, please contact Lauren St.Clair (Youth Projects) on (03) 9304 9100.
About Youth Projects
Youth Projects is an Australian-based independent, registered charity who recognise the complex and varying needs of our clients and offer a holistic model of care and provide pathways into our award winning employment, education and social enterprise programs. Located at two sites (Hosier Lane and the vibrant Northern region of Melbourne) Youth Projects provides front line support to individuals experiencing disadvantage, unemployment, homelessness, alcohol and other drug issues and young people looking to re-engage with learning and employment.
Our mission is to provide high impact support, no judgement, full stop.
Our commitment to diversity
Youth Projects values diversity and we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions and encourage applications from candidates with a disability, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and indigenous candidates.
Youth Projects has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation. All Youth Projects staff must undergo a Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.