Youth Projects is an Australian-based independent, registered charity who recognise the complex and varying needs of our clients and offer a holistic model of care and provide pathways into our award winning employment, education and social enterprise programs.
Located at two sites (Hosier Lane and the vibrant Northern region of Melbourne) Youth Projects provides front line support to individuals experiencing disadvantage, unemployment, homelessness, alcohol and other drug issues and young people looking to re-engage with learning and employment.
Our mission is to provide high impact support, no judgement, full stop.
About the Role
Youth Projects is now searching for a ‘General Practitioner’ to operate out of the ‘Living Room’ space. You will be providing high quality, primary health care services to clients in keeping with best practice standards. This will include the management of acute and chronic conditions and assistance with the delivery and promotion of primary health care.
As this is a unique role some of duties will be:
- Work in a Best Practice Framework to ensure clients are receiving the most current care provision, including a working knowledge of legislation and standards of General Practice
- Conduct high quality, comprehensive health assessments for clients with multiple and complex needs
- All interventions, assessments and outcomes are appropriately recorded including data and case notes
- Work with clients in the decision-making process promoting beneficial relationships
- Keep up to date with local services and programs appropriate for referral and clear pathways into these services.
- Build effective partnerships with key specialists, prescribers and pharmacists
- Comply with and support the team to achieve AGPAL and ISO accreditation
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Registration as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency
- Vocational Registration with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Satisfactory participation in quality improvement and continuing professional developments to at least the same standards as the RACGPs Quality Assurance and Continuing Professional Development Program
- Experience and/or demonstrated commitment to working with homeless and marginalised populations experiencing psychiatric, medical and substance use conditions within a harm reduction model of care
What in it for YOU!
- Staff Discounted Barista made ‘Coffees’
- Salary Packaging
- Flexible work environment
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Continuous growth in owning your own space
- Diverse and collaborative team culture. Your success is our success!
If this sounds like you, then APPLY NOW!
Recruitment for this position will be undertaken as applications are received. The position will be filled when a successful candidate has been selected.
For further information, please contact Youth Projects on (03) 9304 9100.