Established in 1984 Youth Projects supports at risk young people experiencing homelessness and disadvantage. Youth Projects provide life changing support addressing multiple barriers and providing access to health care, counselling and drug safety, outreach services, employment, education and training.
This is an exciting time for Youth Projects having recently recruited a new CEO to reenergise the organisation. They have a clear ambition to innovate, grow and collaborate with partners to ensure they are reaching and supporting Melbourne’s most at risk young people.
About the Role
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Community Health you will be the site leader for Hosier Lane and will coordinate a number of programs including; The Living Room, Substance Misuse, Therapeutic Programs (Art/Music), Life Skills Centre and After Hours Primary Care. You will provide clinical direction within the teams, managing staff.
You will also;
- Support the leadership to plan, implement and evaluate strategies to address service development needs
- Develop change models that create further pathways and better outcomes for clients
- Lead the clinical direction of the living room site supporting teams working with clients with complex needs
- Liaise with health and welfare professionals internally and externally, fostering positive relationships
- Conduct audits and assist with accreditation requirements ensuring all requirements are met
- Ensure reporting and data is monitored and received from the Living Room team
- Manage rostering and other administrative tasks
This role would suit a resilient and genuine people manager qualified and experienced in either community health, AOD, mental health and/or human services sector.
This is a key role which will draw upon your ability to provide excellent leadership to a diverse, hardworking team who require support and guidance as they provide clinical support to clients with complex needs in challenging conditions.
The key to your success in this role will be your ability to support the work of the Operations Manager to develop programs to provide a more collegiate service for clients and your ability to lead people and create solutions relating to clinical care.
What we offer
Youth Projects provides not-for-profit salary packaging, ongoing professional development opportunities, and regular clinical supervision. We also offer an Employee Assistance Program and being part of a supportive and inclusive community-based team.
How to apply
Forward your cover letter and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #34058 or contact Emma Adams on (03) 8319 4090.
- Youth Projects is an equal opportunity employer.
- Youth Projects has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation.
- Youth Projects actively encourages and welcomes applications from candidates with a disability, culturally and linguistically backgrounds and indigenous candidate