Youth Projects is a Melbourne-based independent, registered charity providing front line support to individuals experiencing disadvantage, unemployment, homelessness, alcohol and other drug issues and young people looking to re-engage with learning and employment.
We seek impact that enables people to lead longer lives, have improved health, meaningful employment and a greater sense of belonging, safety and security through a holistic model of care.
We’re on a mission to provide high impact support, no judgement, full stop.
About the Role
Are you ready to take your technical and leadership skills and apply them to an organisation to enable social impact? Are you capable of delivering tight governance, managing multiple projects and rolling up your sleeves to resolve day-to-day technical issues? If you answered yes, the ‘Business Partner – Systems Administration’ is for you!
You’ll be joining a small team to assist our workforce with their in-house IT systems and requirements. This role is a 12-month contract and may require travel between our two main sites (Glenroy HQ and Hosier Lane) if required.
As the Business Partner – Systems Administration you will report into the directly to the Chief Financial Officer and be part of the Senior Leadership Team. Your role will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support to internal staff
- Ensuring all IT queries are responded to in an appropriate SLA time frame
- Responsible for the maintenance of the organisations computer systems and networks
- Improving the functionality of the IT infrastructure
- Developing IT policies and knowledge base
- Ensuring IT governance is adhered to
- Managing end-to-end delivery of technology projects – Sharepoint
- Supporting and advising on current and future IT issues and opportunities to create business efficiency and success
Your knowledge, skills and experience:
- A qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
- Sound understanding of technical support for system security, users’ issues etc (diagnose and solve software and hardware faults of ICT equipment not limiting to PCs, mobile devices, AVs)
- Support the deployment of hardware and roll-out of new applications
- Ensuring documentation of support tickets (Zendesk) and produce relevant monthly reports
- Maintaining an asset register and documentations update of infrastructure
- Participate in webinars to ensure up to date knowledge to legislations, accreditation standards, products and best practices
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with staff and other 3rd party managed supplier
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office 365, Sharepoint, Apple and Android mobile devices
- Applications knowledge of Zendesk, GoCanvas, rediCase, NSPISAR, aXcelerate, Gemba360 and Medical Director (preferred but not necessary)
What in it for YOU!
- Free/Discounted Barista made coffees
- Salary Packaging Benefits
- Flexible work environment
- 17.5% Annual Leave Loading
- Extra 5 extra days of ‘Personal Leave’
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Continuous growth in owning your own space
- Diverse and collaborative team culture – your success is our success!
If this sounds like you, then APPLY NOW!
Recruitment for this position will be undertaken as applications are received. The position will be filled when a successful candidate has been selected.
For further information, please contact Youth Projects on (03) 9304 9100.