About Youth Projects
Youth Projects is an Australian-based independent, registered charity who recognise the complex and varying needs of our clients and offer a holistic model of care and provide pathways into our award winning employment, education and social enterprise programs. Located at two sites (Hosier Lane and the vibrant Northern region of Melbourne) Youth Projects provides front line support to individuals experiencing disadvantage, unemployment, homelessness, alcohol and other drug issues and young people looking to re-engage with learning and employment.
Our mission is to provide high impact support, no judgement, full stop.
About the Role
The Business Development Consultant is an exciting and new position which will work across our employment services and training departments. As a critical driver of our business relationships to achieve job seeker placements into employment along with promoting our high quality training courses, you will have excellent business development skills and abilities along with the a strong passion to make a real difference for the people who access our services.
Skills and experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in business development/sales.
- Knowledge and experience working in employment and/or training services (RTOs) – strongly preferred
- Can do attitude and approach in every aspect
- Demonstrated business development and promotional skills to secure new and repeat business
- High level of communication and customer service skills and the strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with employers and key stakeholders
- Self-motivation and efficient time management
- Wanting to grow, develop, and build a career with a progressive organisation.
- Proven bility to develop and execute marketing and business development plans
Benefits and perks
- Comprehensive induction and support from our training team
- Inclusive and transparent workplace culture
- Access to learning and development
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Diverse and collaborative team culture. Your success is our success!
How to apply
Please email applications to email@example.com and include your resume and a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description.
The position description can be viewed here.
Recruitment for this position will be undertaken as applications are received. The position will be filled when a successful candidate has been selected.
Application Close: Friday 23 November 2018
For further information, please contact Wendy Caspar, Executive Manager, Employment, Training & Social Enterprise on firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 0425 779 741.
Our commitment to diversity
Youth Projects values diversity and we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions and encourage applications from candidates with a disability, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and indigenous candidates.
Youth Projects has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation. All Youth Projects staff must undergo a Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.