About Youth Projects
Youth Projects is an Australian-based independent, registered charity who recognise the complex and varying needs of our clients and offer a holistic model of care and provide pathways into our award winning employment, education and social enterprise programs. Located at two sites (Hosier Lane and the vibrant Northern region of Melbourne) Youth Projects provides front line support to individuals experiencing disadvantage, unemployment, homelessness, alcohol and other drug issues and young people looking to re-engage with learning and employment.
Our mission is to provide high impact support, no judgement, full stop.
About the Role
The AHPC Coordinator oversees our Night Nurses program to provide clinical outreach support to people sleeping rough in Melbourne’s CBD. The position will be critical to provide and develop outreach nursing responses which engage service users in order to create linkages with our Living Room Primary Health Service and a range of external health, outreach and housing services. The Coordinator will be expected to work a minimum of two evening shifts per week including some weekend shifts.
The position will lead in the development of high quality clinical care, service partnerships, and professional development and clinical supervision of our dedicated AHPC team. Working within a social model of health, the position will form part of a multidisciplinary team approach to provide direct interventions and conduct referrals across a range of domains.
The role is a key position as the face of the Living Room and is responsible for the following:
- Conduct assertive clinical outreach to engage and assess people sleeping rough in Melbourne’s CBD utilising appropriate nursing interventions
- Lead a team of community and mental health nurses to ensure high clinical standards
- Develop partnerships and program responses to enhance clinical and psychosocial outcomes for people sleeping rough
- Develop and monitor care coordination processes for people engaged through the program interventions with a focus on linkages with Living Room services and programs
- Develop practice partnerships with outreach services, emergency departments, homelessness service to improve health and housing outcomes for people sleeping rough in Melbourne’s CBD
- Develop a model of integrated care with the existing service system to ensure enhance service coordination and collaboration
Skills and experience
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in relevant nursing and/or health related disciplines
- Substantial experience in a range of health related and/or community discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of homelessness, housing and health sectors (including mental health and AOD)
- Wanting to grow, develop, and build a career with a progressive organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading a team of professional staff
Benefits and perks
- Comprehensive induction and support from our training team
- Inclusive and transparent workplace culture
- Access to learning and development
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Diverse and collaborative team culture. Your success is our success!
How to apply
Recruitment for this position will be undertaken as applications are received. The position will be filled when a successful candidate has been selected.
Application Close: 17/01/19
For further information, please contact Richie Goonan (Youth Projects) on 9945 2133 or email@example.com
Our commitment to diversity
Youth Projects values diversity and we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions and encourage applications from candidates with a disability, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and indigenous candidates.
Youth Projects has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the provision of a child-safe organisation. All Youth Projects staff must undergo a Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.